Sunday, August 18, 2013

for Love or Money

Drool. That's right, drool. I drool over designer clothes, bags, jewelry... I drool. Drool-ee-la-la, if you will :)

(But let's just be real for a hot second - I only legit drool about 87% of the time. Just because you are a designer does not mean you always have great taste. Some of the crap people put out there is just fugly and it needs to be stopped. Stop saying it's your "creative vision" or it's "before it's time", that's a load of you-know-what. It's fug'! So just stop it.) --- I digress, let's get back to it...

Ok, drooling... but just because I love a certain designer's chunky metal watch, and own a few of them, doesn't mean I need (and by need, I mean have the financial means) to fork out $400 every time I want a different color. Girlfriend needs to eat (and by eat, I mean drink copious amounts of wine and blocks of cheese -- no judgement please, it's still cheaper than therapy and meds)! And just because I love the look of true leather, doesn't mean that I can't find a sweet little vegan piece that still looks amaze and costs like 1/4 of what a cow carcass would (again, don't get crazy, I'm not going all red-paint-splashing-PETA on you. Do what you do lady friends.).

And, admittedly, as much as I love the real deal designer duds... I kind of lurve (don't get it? say it out loud and you will get hooked on how fun it is) when a super fashionable friend says "Oh my gosh, I love your dress. Is that ____?" and just fill in the blank with whatever designer. I swear I get like a little adrenaline spike knowing that I look like $800 and only spent $60. Boo-yow!

Moral of the story? Splurge. Go Nuts. Buy whatever designer item you want (within your financial limits. Being broke for fashion is not cute on anyone. Truth.). But don't limit yourself to only buying the big names. You can look just as fresh and bang-bang-pow without having to dish out all your dough.  

xoxo,
ToFromLove

No comments:

Post a Comment