Wednesday, November 13, 2013

when did it become popular to...

Lately I've been straight up perplexed about life and fashion and people and just the whole bunch of mess. I feel like I must have fallen asleep for 100 years and woken up to a cluster bomb (that's me using my "lady language" because about half of you can guess what I really wanted to say) of confusion. So let's just start with the first thing that's on my mind, people. Like, the general population of human beings...

When did it become popular to look like a poster child for "People at Walmart" when flying on an airplane??? Air travel use to be a glamorous event where people would wear nice clean clothing and actually shower before cramming into a metal container and flying off to wherever their destination might be. I'm not even trying to get on a soapbox about how we need to look like Audrey Hepburn and glam the heck up to travel. Travel is long and exhausting and usually annoying as all get-out. What I'm saying is that now days, and it feels like it just magically happened, people are rolling into airports in the same pair of sweat pants that they've been wearing for a week straight and a clear disregard for any and all hygiene (dental, personal, you name it!). Now look, no judgement if you want to rock crusty sweats with stank breath (wait... who am I kidding?? I am definitely judging you.) but do it in the privacy of your own, presumably filthy, home. Have some common courtesy (which apparently is not so common anymore) and put on some clean clothes and brush that cave of gingivitis so we can all fly in harmony.
In a nutshell, do this...
 

Not this... 

When did it become popular for a "beautiful" woman to look so dang sad in photos??? What was wrong with the smile? We all need to look pained and out of breath to be beautiful now? Hell nah (oh snap, here I go getting a little more unfiltered. You can tell I'm getting heated over here!)! Let me tell you how I came to this shocking discovery... I am casually browsing Pinterest this morning, per usual, and I'm picking out hair styles that I want to try, and I say to my husband, "I would never look like these people if I cut my hair like that.". And his response is... wait for it... wait for it... "well no kidding. These women look pissed. You smile too much to really get that look.". Shocking and not the response I was looking for --- I was going for more of a, "Babe, you are much hotter than those chicks.", but whatevs. However, with the help of my blunt hubs, I noticed that nearly every fashion or beauty or whatever shot you see is of a woman NOT smiling. Life is hard, believe it sister! But life is really really hard if you can't learn to smile. We are all going to get wrinkles. Don't you want your wrinkles to show proof that your life was fun and exciting and amazing?!? Smiling should be what's trendy and beautiful; I think that, I'm sure you think that, so starting now we are going to start a smile-lution (smile revolution, if you will). Perk up buttercup!
We are going from this... 

to this...


What has you asking "when did it become so popular to..."? Share your thoughts; I'm sure we are probably thinking the same thing. haha!

xoxo,

ToFromLove

No comments:

Post a Comment